India vs England Cricket News July 2007
India in England Cricket Series 2007
IND v ENG 2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 5 : India beat England by 7 wickets (IND 1:0)
July 31, 2007India, who needed only 73 runs to beat England in the Trent Bridge Test, won by 7 wickets to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series on Tuesday.
India lost their first wicket with the score on 48 as opener Wasim Jaffer retuned to the pavilion. Seven runs later, his partner Dinesh Kaarthick was out as they both made 22 and were scalped by Chris Tremlett. Sachin Tendulkar , who top-scored with 91 in the first innings, made just 1 and he too was removed by Tremlett. Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly remained unbeaten on 11 and 2 respectively.
Second Test, Trent Bridge, Day 5 : India 481 & 73-3 beat England 198 & 355 by 7 wickets
IND v ENG 2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 4 : India need 63 more to win the Trent Bridge Test
July 30, 2007India needed just 73 to beat England in the Trent Bridge Test and secure a 1-0 lead in the three-match Test series after bowling out the hosts for 355 on the fourth day on Monday.
At close of play, India were 10/0 in 3 overs, needing a further 63 runs to win the Test. Openers Dinesh Kaarthick (6) and Wasim Jaffer (3) were sitll at the crease.
Second Test, Trent Bridge, Day 4 (stumps) : England 198 & 355 v India 481 & 10-0
IND v ENG 2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 3 : England 240 runs behind India on day 3
July 29, 2007India imposed a huge lead of 283 runs on England before being finally bowled out for 481 in their first innings on day three of the Nottingham Test.
Second Test, Trent Bridge, Day 3 (stumps): England 198 & 43-0 v India 481-10
IND v ENG 2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 2 : India 254 for 3 on day two
July 28, 2007India were 254 for 3 at stumps against England on Day 2 of the second Test match at Trent Bridge on Saturday. Bad light forced the umpires to end the day which was pretty much dominated by Indian batsmen. Englands bowling attack looked lacklustre as top bowlers like Ryan Sidebottom and Chris Tremlett failed to make a mark.
Meanwhile, India lost the key wicket of Rahul Dravid who guided Panesars delivery straight into the hands of Ian Bell. Disappointed Dravid left the ground after making a strong partnership of more than 90 runs with Sachin.
Second Test, Trent Bridge, Day 2 : England 198 (65.3 overs) v India 254-3 (79.0 overs)
IND v ENG 2nd Test, Trent Bridge, Day 1 : England post 169 for 7
July 27, 2007England were 169 for seven in their first innings at the close of the first day of the second test against India at Trent Bridge on Friday.
India reduced England to 94 for three at tea after asking the home side to bat on a rain-delayed opening day of the second test at Trent Bridge on Friday. Andrew Strauss (4), captain Michael Vaughan (9) and Kevin Pietersen (13) were all back in the pavilion before the total had reached 50 after Rahul Dravid had won the toss.
At tea, after play had begun four hours late because of heavy rain this week which had soaked the outfield, Alastair Cook was on 35 and Paul Collingwood had scored 25.
Second Test, Trent Bridge, Day 1 (stumps): England 169 for 7 (55.0 overs) v India
- June 2007 - England Cricket News
- January 2007 - England Cricket News
- ICC Special (Oct, Nov 2006) - England's ICC Champions Trophy 2006 campaign
- April 2006 - England vs India ODI Cricket Series
- March 2006 - England Draws Test 1-1, Loses first 2 ODIs vs India
- February 2006 - England starts tour of India
- December 2005 - England in Pakistan
- July 07-10, 2007 : Practice Match, India vs Susex at Hove
- July 13-15, 2007: Practice Match, India vs England A at Chelmsford
- July 19-23, 2007: First Test, India vs England at Lord's
- July 27-31, 2007: Second Test, India vs England at Trent Bridge
- August 03-05, 2007: Practice Match, India vs Sri Lanka A, Leicester
- August 09-13, 2007: Third Test, India vs England at The Oval
- August 16, 2007: ODI Match India vs Scotland at Glasgow
- August 18, 2007: Practice Match India vs England A, Northampton
- August 21, 2007: First ODI India vs England at Rose Bowl (D/N)
- August 24, 2007: Second ODI India vs England at Bristol (D/N)
- August 27, 2007: Third ODI India vs England at Edgbaston
- August 30, 2007: Fourth ODI India vs England at Old Trafford (D/N)
- September 02, 2007: Fifth ODI India vs England at Headingley
- September 05, 2007: Sixth ODI India vs England at The Oval
- September 08, 2007: Seventh ODI India vs England at Lord's